All Apps and Add-ons

Change search results for page counts

JohannesGmelin
Path Finder

Hey Community,

I need help with a custom search. At the moment I get a result looks like this:

/AuthorizationAdmin/javax.faces.resource/calendar.js.xhtml?ln=org.richfaces

But I need just the first word after the first slash without the other trash just like this:

/AuthorizationAdmin/

This is my search:

| tstats summariesonly=t count FROM datamodel=Web WHERE Web.site="*" "Web.eventtype"=pageview GROUPBY Web.uri | eventstats sum(count) as Total | eval percent = round((count/Total)*100,2) . "%" | fields - Total | rename percent AS "% Pageviews"

Thanks for your help!!!

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

| tstats summariesonly=t count FROM datamodel=Web WHERE Web.site="*" "Web.eventtype"=pageview GROUPBY Web.uri
| eventstats sum(count) as Total
| eval percent = round((count/Total)*100,2) . "%"
| fields - Total
| rename percent AS "% Pageviews"
| rex field=Web.uri mode=sed "s/^(\/[^\/]+\/).*$/\1/"

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

| tstats summariesonly=t count FROM datamodel=Web WHERE Web.site="*" "Web.eventtype"=pageview GROUPBY Web.uri
| eventstats sum(count) as Total
| eval percent = round((count/Total)*100,2) . "%"
| fields - Total
| rename percent AS "% Pageviews"

JohannesGmelin
Path Finder

Great thank you! 🙂

I've tried this at the User User Journey Flow too (Landing Page) but no result 😕

Do you have any idea why?
The other problem is that I'm getting now 10 times a page for example like this: /admin/
because the ending is different but it should be just one entry for one page you understand?

Thanks a lot!

LG Johannes

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this search: does it do what you expect?

| makeresults 
| eval Web.uri="/first/second/third/fourth" 
0 Karma

JohannesGmelin
Path Finder

I've sent you an email with a picture for a better understanding. I'm not allowed to make this picture public 😕

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...