All Apps and Add-ons

Can you use Splunk App for Infrastructure to monitor Red Hat Enterprise and Windows 2008R2 servers?

qhma

Any one know if we can use Splunk App for Infrastructure to monitor Red Hat Enterprise 6.7/6.8 servers and Windows 2008R2 servers?

0 Karma

dagarwal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

One thing:
"Splunk Add-on for Windows may not be not compatible with Splunk App for Infrastructure."
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/InfraApp/1.2.0/ReleaseNotes/Knownissues

If you have both "Add-on for Windows" and "App for Infrastructure" on the same Splunk instance, it might not work. Otherwise, it should work fine. Make sure you use "index=em_metrics" for perfmon data in your inputs.conf.

0 Karma

qhma

@dagarwal_splunk Thanks! Then, is it possible to install Splunk TA for Windows to client machine with UF, then let UF forward Windows performance data to Splunk Enterprise server which has Splunk App for Infrastructure and Splunk Add On for Infrastructure installed? Can Splunk App for Infrastructure and Splunk Add On for Infrastructure process these data collected by Splunk TA for Windows properly?

0 Karma

qhma

Yes these versions are supported by Splunk Enterprise 7.1 and 7.2, but my question is:
If I want to install Splunk App for Infrastructure and Splunk add on for Infrastructure on top of Splunk Enterprise 7.1 or 7.2, can I install a data collection agent installation script (generated by Splunk App for Infrastructure, and which is a collectd daemon and universal forwarder) on the host machine from which you are collecting data? These host machine OS versions are Red Hat Enterprise 6.7/6.8 servers and Windows 2008R2 servers.

0 Karma

dagarwal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For monitoring using Splunk App for Infrastructure:
Redhat 6.7/6.8 servers are supported.
Windows 2008R2 not officially supported. But, it might still work.

0 Karma

Super Champion

Linux & Windows both Environments are supported with splunk version 7.1.0 or 7.2.0

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...