All Apps and Add-ons

Can you help me with my Splunk DB Connect connection configuration?

Anmar0293
Path Finder

I'm trying to connect Splunk to MemSQL through Splunk DB Connect.

I'm having a hard time understanding the terms of the fields. They are asking for to make the connections.

What is the Host and port? Is it the host and port of the data base i'm connecting to?

Also, what is the Default Database and JDBC URL Format?

Warm regards,

0 Karma
1 Solution

muralikoppula
Communicator

You need below info from database folks to configure Splunk DB connect.

Step 1:

• Splunk admin/user should create an identity (An identity object contains database credentials. It comprises the username and password that Splunk DB connect uses to access database.)
  • Creating an identity you should require below details: - Username(Ensure that the database user has sufficient access to the data you want to search) - Password (Splunk DB Connect app requires this field to connect to your database. password is encrypted)

Step 2:

• For creating a database connection(A database connection object contains the necessary information for connecting to a remote database),
  • You need below details - Host (The host IP address where the SQL Server database is running.) - port

View solution in original post

muralikoppula
Communicator

You need below info from database folks to configure Splunk DB connect.

Step 1:

• Splunk admin/user should create an identity (An identity object contains database credentials. It comprises the username and password that Splunk DB connect uses to access database.)
  • Creating an identity you should require below details: - Username(Ensure that the database user has sufficient access to the data you want to search) - Password (Splunk DB Connect app requires this field to connect to your database. password is encrypted)

Step 2:

• For creating a database connection(A database connection object contains the necessary information for connecting to a remote database),
  • You need below details - Host (The host IP address where the SQL Server database is running.) - port

Anmar0293
Path Finder

Thanks for getting to me @muralikoppula
what about the Default Database and JDBC URL Format?

Warm regards,

0 Karma

muralikoppula
Communicator

The default database is a database where the username and password is created for you to authenticate Splunk db connect with database.

In the connection page, under JDBC URL Settings provide host, port and default database so that you will get JDBC URL preview.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...