All Apps and Add-ons

Can you help me with an issue I'm having with Splunk DB connect?

harishalipaka
Motivator

Hi All,

I have installed Splunk DB Connect App(version 3.1.3) in my Local host (7.0.0 version) and SQLServer 2012.

I am getting data from SQL to Splunk succesfully. But am unable to export the data from splunk to SQLserver .

I am not getting any error.

I attached my configuration,identy screenshot pls look into that and let me knnow if i did any mistakes.configuration

Identity

Thanks
Harish
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Nothing in the query in the comment above sends output to DB Connect. It just displays results in your browser. You need a dbxoutput command. See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.3/DeployDBX/HowSplunkDBConnectworks#Database_outputs.
Do you have an output defined in DB Connect? Does the identity defined in DB Connect have permission to write to the database?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Nothing in the query in the comment above sends output to DB Connect. It just displays results in your browser. You need a dbxoutput command. See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.3/DeployDBX/HowSplunkDBConnectworks#Database_outputs.
Do you have an output defined in DB Connect? Does the identity defined in DB Connect have permission to write to the database?

---
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How are you trying to export data from Splunk to SQL Server? What is your query?

---
0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

hi @richgalloway

ThanQ for your reply . Am using this query--->

index="my index name" |eval Tag="hari" ,Value=123 |table Tag Value

I have tried using another queries ,saved search and lookup also ,i didn't get .

Thanks
Harish
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...