All Apps and Add-ons

Can you help me find or load main class org.apache.hadoop.fs.FsShell during configure Splunk Hadoop Connect application?

yko84109
Loves-to-Learn

Hi,

I'm trying to configure the Splunk Hadoop Connect application with the following configurations:

HDFS URI: mynamenode:8020 HADOOP_HOME:
/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH JAVA_HOME:
/usr/lib/jvm/java (tried also
/usr/java/latest) Namenode HTTP Port:

And I'm got the following error:

Unable to connect to Hadoop cluster 'hdfs://mynamenode:8020/' with principal 'None': Failed to run Hadoop CLI job command '-ls' with options 'hdfs://mynamenode:8020/' Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.hadoop.fs.FsShell.

How can I solve this?

Thanks!

0 Karma

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To debug this, from the command line, can you run the commands:
which hadoop
and
which java

0 Karma

yko84109
Loves-to-Learn

Hi.
Thats wha't i'm doing, same error..

0 Karma

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As you can see from this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmYHsabpk_Q )
When you setup the Java path and Hadoop path inside Splunk Hadoop Connect, you should not include the ' bin/hadoop or bin/java part
Can you share the output of these ' which hadoop ' and ' which java ' commands?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...