All Apps and Add-ons

Can we use AWS instance profiles instead of hard coded credentials?

davidbkemp

We are running Splunk and our application in two separate AWS accounts. We want Splunk to index logs from S3 buckets. We are using AWS instance roles and want Splunk to access the S3 buckets via instance roles instead of using account ids and passwords.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, not at this time.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, not at this time.

0 Karma

cmeo
Contributor

Is there a roadmap for this feature? I have a customer who wants it rather badly.

Thanks!

0 Karma

tjbaker72
Explorer

It has been over a year since jcoates response. Has there been any progress on using instance profiles instead of api keys?

Thanks,
Trevor

0 Karma

ajmonza

This is a critical piece of functionality. We're trying to move away from creating additional IAM users and using instance-profiles instead.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...