All Apps and Add-ons

Can we get access to the L.map object to implement our own features?

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I was wondering if I as a dashboard user could access the leaflet map object which was created by the visualization in my own javascript code somehow. My intention is to add some lines and other things which would require me to add a layer or two to the map and draw on them.

Maybe I'm thinking too specific, but I don't really see any other way to change the content of the map other than having the actual object.

Thanks!

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

You can create your own map using leaflet libraries

http://leafletjs.com/index.html

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

But I already have a map object created by the viz, I don't need another one.

0 Karma

shaskell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Currently there is no way to expose any hooks into the javascript to the end-user via the API. I'll reach out to you via email shortly to see what your use case is and potentially extend the app to support drawing on the map.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...