All Apps and Add-ons

Can the bucket reader read data that was exported using new 6.5 Hadoop Data roll feature?

a212830
Champion

Looking at new 6.5 Hadoop data roll feature - will the bucket reader be able to read this data? Also, would it be possible to export the "raw data", but keep the tstats?

0 Karma
1 Solution

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, the bucket reader will work on the journal.gz (raw data) that you copy from Splunk 6.5 indexers.

When you copy the journal.gz from Splunk indexers to HDFS you only copy the journal.gz and not the TSIDX files. The TSIDX files stay in the Splunk indexers. The key point is that the Hadoop Data Roll feature only copy these files to HDFS and does not delete them from Splunk.

View solution in original post

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, the bucket reader will work on the journal.gz (raw data) that you copy from Splunk 6.5 indexers.

When you copy the journal.gz from Splunk indexers to HDFS you only copy the journal.gz and not the TSIDX files. The TSIDX files stay in the Splunk indexers. The key point is that the Hadoop Data Roll feature only copy these files to HDFS and does not delete them from Splunk.

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Acceptable answer @a212830?

0 Karma

a212830
Champion

Anyone?...

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

AFAIK, you can't keep the tstats while removing the raw data. I don't think I understand what you mean by "bucket reader"...

0 Karma

a212830
Champion

Thanks. I'm wondering if this app will work on the exported data - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2759/ - for those crazy, non-Splunk people...

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ah. Didn't realize you were referring to an app with "Bucket Reader". I've tagged your question with that app so the author is linked.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...