All Apps and Add-ons

Can the Splunk Status Indicator - Custom Visualization app use another icon library, or can I add a custom icon to the font-awesome library?

yhoh

Hi,

I'm wondering if the Splunk Status Indicator - Custom Visualization app can use another icon library.

To read related documentation, Splunk Status Indicator app is only using the font-awesome library.
Font-awesome is good library, but it has provided limited icon set.

I want to use an additional custom icon that I made.
How I can add custom icons in font-awesome library? or
How I can modify another icon library?

Please notice me about it.
Thanks^^;;

0 Karma

frobinson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @yhoh,
Update: I followed up with our engineering team and they have confirmed that this is not a supported option.

A possible alternative, though, might be building your own custom visualization app. You could look into using custom icons in an app that you create.

Here is some documentation for custom visualization app developers:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.2/AdvancedDev/CustomVizDevOverview

Hope this helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...