All Apps and Add-ons

Can the Splunk App for ServiceNow be used with ServiceNow Saas?

jgruener
Engager

I have a distributed Splunk Enterprise system on-prem. I also have a ServiceNow system hosted in the cloud. The documentation on the Splunk App for ServiceNow says it requires a heavy forwarder. Is there anyway to get ServiceNow cloud into on-prem Splunk?

0 Karma

rpille_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi jgruener,

Yes, absolutely. We support integration with both the cloud and on-prem versions of ServiceNow (versions Geneva, Fuji, and Eureka) from both on-prem or cloud Splunk platforms.

There is one known temporary limitation right now that does not apply to you, but might affect others so I'll include it here: ServiceNow does not allow its on-prem customers access to the ServiceNow app store, which is required for integration with Geneva and Fuji versions. In that case, please file a support ticket and we can help get you the integration app that you need.

You should be good to go in your situation. Be sure to install the Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow as well as the app and put it on both a heavy forwarder and your search heads. You'll collect your data on your heavy forwarder and perform your push integration from your search heads.

Hope this helps!

rpille_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For reference, here are the docs for the Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow, which you also need: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/latest/ServiceNow/About

Did you miss .conf21 Virtual?

Good news! The event's keynotes and many of its breakout sessions are now available online, and still totally FREE!