All Apps and Add-ons

Can the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange show the contents of the body of an email?

rdamron
Engager

I was wondering if the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange can show the contents of the body of an email message?
If so, how can I set up a search or alert for this?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe the answer is No. You might want to read this thread for methods to do so:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/144138-how-to-search-and-view-emails-sent-through-exchange-se...

Disclaimer, I have not ever used this application. Im practically assuming after looking at the application code.

Also I know a bit about Exchange... you'd need permission to read their mailboxes first. Sure any admin can do this, but I seriously doubt (for that reason along) that they built the functionality into the splunk app. Because most users don't care to read other's emails... but also they want their app to work without full access, special permissions, etc. So if you imagine half of the dashboards working but the others don't work until you get an admin service account for exchange setup in the app.... why even include the advanced stuff at that point? You'd probably be better off making 2 apps, one lets you spy on peoples email, and the other lets you monitor exchange for performance issues, etc.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...