All Apps and Add-ons

Can the IMAP Mailbox App be used with Office365?

jmantor
Path Finder

I see the doc mention on-prem exchange, but could we get email alerts generated from other products that are sent to O365 distrubution lists or shared mailboxes?

0 Karma

rsolutions
Path Finder

It does work... by default it is on and we just finished this setup on Splunk getting mail from Office 365. You can get your specific IMAP server by logging into Office 365 and going into your mail. Click on settings (the cog in the top right), then mail, accounts, POP and IMAP on the left. You'll see the IMAP server documented there.

0 Karma

rsolutions
Path Finder

There is an IMAP interface. For most clients it is at outlook.office365.com

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I was unable to find an IMAP interface to Office365, but I did find a fairly comprehensive REST interface that enabled me to build my own Python script to read O365 mail. I can't share my code, but am willing to answer questions you may have about building your own interface. The REST docs are at https://msdn.microsoft.com/office/office365/api/mail-rest-operations.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...