All Apps and Add-ons

Can't see the Unix and Linux app after installing on indexer; keep being prompted to configure in Splunk Web

Strunk
Explorer

Why can't I see the Splunk App for Unix and Linux in Splunk Web?

I installed the add-on to my deployment clients, and am trying to view the data with the app installed on my indexer. The installation appears to go okay and am prompted in Splunk Web to configure the app for the first time. However, that is all I'm able to view from the app, the configuration screen, not pretty graphs. 🙂 I've restarted my indexer several times, and I've confirmed that the universal forwarders (deployment clients) are sending data to the indexer, i.e., I can query the index ("os" in this case) directly and see data.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Strunk
Explorer

D'oh! Yes, I made the mistake; I thought I had installed the app on the indexer when I had only installed the add-on. Things are working as expected now, after installing the actual app.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Strunk
Explorer

D'oh! Yes, I made the mistake; I thought I had installed the app on the indexer when I had only installed the add-on. Things are working as expected now, after installing the actual app.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...