All Apps and Add-ons

Can't get files from S3 to SNS to SQS using Splunk app for AWS

avery2007
Explorer

I am using the Splunk app for AWS and utilizing the Custom Data Type Input, SQS Based S3 to pull in reports in xml format that are being dropped off in an S3 bucket. I setup a notification for the S3 to send a message to SNS which goes to SQS. Simple text files seem to work fine when PUTing them into the S3 bucket, however the reports I'm receiving are anywhere from 5 - 25MBs big so it goes over the SQS message size limit and I am guessing this is why I cannot receive these reports. I cannot find anywhere in the documentation that goes over what to do in this type of situation. There seems to be no errors in Cloudtrail or the splunkd.log either so I have no way to trace where it is failing.

Any ideas would be of great help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...