All Apps and Add-ons

Can't get GoogleMaps App working?

monicato
Path Finder

I've successfully downloaded the app and when I try my search, I get some matching events, but nothing appears on the map... I know this is incorrect, because I should be getting a number of countries in my results

here's my search:

sourcetype="t_test"  | lookup geoip clientip as ip_address | top limit=10000 client_country

Anyone know what might be the problem? I want to have the map display for my dashboard

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

Using ... | top limit=1000 client_country you're emitting the client_country field. In order to get results on the map you need to emit the _geo field ( see app documentation for more details http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/22365/google-maps ).

sourcetype="t_test" | geoip clientip

for example emits this _geo field (among others).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Forwarders and Forced Time Based Load Balancing

Splunk customers use universal forwarders to collect and send data to Splunk. A universal forwarder can send ...

NEW! Log Views in Splunk Observability Dashboards Gives Context From a Single Page

Today, Splunk Observability releases log views, a new feature for users to add their logs data from Splunk Log ...

Last Chance to Submit Your Paper For BSides Splunk - Deadline is August 12th!

Hello everyone! Don't wait to submit - The deadline is August 12th! We have truly missed the community so ...