All Apps and Add-ons

Can't get CartoDB Torque app work, anybody could? Nothing works in the app

jorgeoa
Explorer

Hello,

I've installed the new CartoDB Toque app in Splunk but nothing works in it. I can enter the app home but the search field doesn't work, no matter what string I write, nothing happens.

Looking at the github page of the app I see that there are some files that the app package doesn't have, like for example some config files in the "default" directory.

Could anybody make it work?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

samtawfik

I agree with Hylam, the timeline is animating and that's it. I even specified the exact latitude and longitude. here is the search:
| makeresults count=10000 | eval longitude=-87.90369 | eval latitude=42.56641 | eval _time=random()

Is this app working? I want to see a working example.

Thanks.

0 Karma

cwhong

Hi, can you please post exactly what you are typing the search box?

0 Karma

hylam
Contributor

Both of these failed to show any spots on the map. I can see the timeline animating. The canvas moved to show north africa.

| makeresults count=10000 | eval longitude=random()%20 | eval latitude=random()%20 | eval _time=random()
| makeresults count=10000 | eval longitude=random()%20 | eval latitude=random()%20

0 Karma

jorgeoa
Explorer

Hi cwhong,
I'm trying, for example, "index=*" to get all the events. The search button doesn't do anything.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Observability Cloud | Unified Identity - Now Available for Existing Splunk ...

Raise your hand if you’ve already forgotten your username or password when logging into an account. (We can’t ...

Index This | How many sides does a circle have?

February 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

Registration for Splunk University is Now Open!

Are you ready for an adventure in learning?   Brace yourselves because Splunk University is back, and it's ...