All Apps and Add-ons

Can splunk monitor any automation tool like automation anywhere or blue prism?

abhijitnath89
Path Finder

Can splunk monitor any automation tool like automation anywhere or blue prism? We have a requirement to monitor automation anywhere tool to find out various matrices. Any API or add-on that might be available that splunk can use to connect to Automation Anywhere

Tags (1)
0 Karma

srivenky

Robotic process automation (RPA or RPAAI) is the application of technology that provides organizations with a digital workforce that follows rule-based business processes and interacts with the organization's systems in the same way that existing users currently do.
rpa training in chennai

0 Karma

jerrywallis

Blue Prism has developed a Splunk App that does exactly what you are asking. Metrics and dashboards for a Blue Prism digital workforce can be rendered in Splunk, session and audit log data can be captured by the Splunk server and Blue Prism events can be correlated with other parts of the infrastructure (server and network performance, for example).

0 Karma

maheshssplunk

hi...Have you tried using Splunk App developed by Blue Prism ? Is the App available built-in or any separate license applicable.

0 Karma

jerrywallis

The app is in beta just now. It is a separate piece of software (external to Blue Prism itself). It isn't/won't be chargeable. If you are a Blue Prism customer you should be to obtain a copy through your BP partner or BP salesperson.

0 Karma

maheshssplunk

Thanks jerrywallis...Any idea whether we can read Blue Prism RPA Process tables from SQL Server ? Does Blue Prism encrypt and save the data ?

0 Karma

jerrywallis

Can you clarify what you mean by 'Process Tables'?

Blue Prism encrypts specific parts of the database e.g. credentials. If you want to encrypt the entire database SQL Server Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) will do this.

0 Karma

dflodstrom
Builder

Splunk can ingest the logs from these tools provided there is a way for you to access them. If the application stores its logs in a database you might need an app like DBConnect, syslog feeds are easily ingested by Splunk, and you can create your own modular input to interface with the application's API if that is needed to retrieve logs.

It doesn't look like there is an app specifically for Blue Prism on http://www.splunkbase.splunk.com

Have a look at these links:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.0/Data/Getstartedwithgettingdatain
http://dev.splunk.com/view/dev-guide/SP-CAAAE3A

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...