All Apps and Add-ons

Can someone tell me if there is compatibility between the Splunk add on for Microsoft Cloud Services and Azure China?

hmaldonado_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can someone tell me if there is compatibility between the Splunk add on for Microsoft Cloud Services and Azure China? I am not referring to the add on for Azure.

0 Karma

tarungupta0311
Explorer

To Pull China event Hub data, Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services requires 2 changes:-
1st * Edit $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices/bin/splunk_ta_mscs_rh_azureaccount.py
* Around line 88, we need to add a check for the Azure China region

if account_class_type == str(AccountClassType.GOVCLOUD_ACCOUNT):
self.cloud_environment = azure_cloud.AZURE_US_GOV_CLOUD
elif account_class_type == str(AccountClassType.CHINA_ACCOUNT):
self.cloud_environment = azure_cloud.CHINA_ACCOUNT
else:
self.cloud_environment = azure_cloud.AZURE_PUBLIC_CLOUD

2nd to map the event hubs $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices/local
Create “mscs_azure_accounts.conf”

[ProvideName]
account_class_type = 3
client_id = ******
client_secret = ******
tenant_id = ******

0 Karma

reynoldsj2008
Engager

I would like to know if anyone has had any success using the latest "Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services" and connecting into China Azure Tenants?

I have a test Tenant and Subscription in China and attempting to build connectivity to pull the "Activity logs" from the Subscription.

I understand the APIs etc. are different from the US vs China Azure accounts, but was wondering if someone has used the Microsoft Cloud Add-on to pull in events from China?

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't have a China region to test, but documentation on which APIs are used by the add-on are available here -> http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/MSCloudServices/APIs Cross referencing those with what services are available in the region ( https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/regions/services/ ), I do not see a reason it would not work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...