All Apps and Add-ons

Can someone help me with an ADDON for extracting fields out of the syslog data of McAfee DAM (Database Activity Monitor)

hrithiktej
Communicator

We are using McAfee DATABASE ACTIVITY MONITOR solution and have integerated it with Splunk and do not get much fields even in verbose mode search on Splunk search head ,hence looking for some addon that can help in field extraction.

I hav tried installing few McAfee addons but they all seem to be for Mcafee ePO or Antivirus & IPS but none for McAfee DAM.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jdmclemore
Path Finder

I don't believe there is an add-on for DAM, I looked a while back. I ended up creating my own props/transforms to extract all the fields. The fields DAM includes in its events are configurable as well, so my DAM logs may not be the same as your DAM logs. But here's what I've been using:

props.conf:

[dam-2]
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n]+)
TIME_PREFIX = ^"[^"]+?","
TIME_FORMAT = %s%3N
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD = 15
TRUNCATE = 0
KV_MODE = none
EXTRACT-mcafee_dam-2_fields = "(?<ruleNameRaw>[^"]+)","(?<execTime>\d+)","(?<id>\d+)","(?<sourceIP>[^"]+)","(?<osUser>[^"]+)","(?<execUser>[^"]+)","(?<execProgram>[^"]+)","(?<sid>[^"]+)"\."McAfee Database Security","(?<cmdType>[^"]+)","(?<sqlStmt>.+?(?=","))","(?<accessedObjectsRaw>[^"]+)","(?<clientId>[^"]+)","(?<module>[^"]+)","(?<action>[^"]+)","(?<spid>[^"]+)","(?<inflowSqlStmt>.+?(?=","))","(?<inflowObjectsRaw>[^"]+)","(?<database>[^"]+)","(?<agentHost>[^"]+)","(?<sourceHost>[^"]+)","(?<schema>[^"]+)"
REPORT-mcafee_dam-2 = mcafee_dam-2_ruleName, mcafee_dam-2_accessedObjects, mcafee_dam-2_inflowObjects

transforms.conf:

[mcafee_dam-2_ruleName]
SOURCE_KEY = ruleNameRaw
REGEX = (?<ruleName>[^\|]+)
MV_ADD = true

[mcafee_dam-2_accessedObjects]
SOURCE_KEY = accessedObjectsRaw
REGEX = (?<accessedObjects>[^\|]+)
MV_ADD = true

[mcafee_dam-2_inflowObjects]
SOURCE_KEY = inflowObjectsRaw
REGEX = (?<inflowObjects>[^\|]+)
MV_ADD = true
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...