All Apps and Add-ons

Can deployer be given the SH role?

sarahafrin
Explorer

I have a search head cluster and a deployer to push apps to the SH cluster. The deployer does not have a SH role and does not search _internal logs of the search head cluster. I installed the Search Activity app on the deployer in order to get insights on the searches done on the cluster. However, the app doesn't function correctly because of tha absence of interanal logs of the SH cluster. Is it advisable to give the SH role to the deployer to solve this?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Can you deployer search your indexers? I'm hoping all your SHC internal logs being forwarded to indexers.

0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

Best practice would be do stand up another instance for DMC and have your search activity app installed there along with other monitoring. This way all your monitoring would be in one place.

David
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I agree with this!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...