All Apps and Add-ons

Can Splunk DB Connect v3.x and TA-OMS_Inputs co-exist?

rxdeleon
Explorer

I've just installed the add-on TA-OMS_Inputs and it appears to be incompatible with Splunk DB Connect. I get the below error when I access the DB Connect app.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/bin/rest_handler.py", line 79, in <module> print splunk.rest.dispatch(**params) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/rest/init.py", line 149, in dispatch module = import('splunk.rest.external.%s' % parts[0], None, None, parts[0]) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbxproxy.py", line 4, in <module> import requests File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-OMS_Inputs/bin/requests/init.py", line 43, in <module> import urllib3 ImportError: No module named urllib3

@jkat54
Splunk DB Connect v3.1.2
TA-OMS_Inputs v1.1
Oracle JRE 1.8_162

1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you please upgrade to the latest version of the app (v1.2) and let me know if the problem is resolved?

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3764

If the upgrade doesnt resolve the issue please check to be sure there isnt a "requests" folder here:

splunk_home/etc/appName/bin/requests

Thanks,
JKat

View solution in original post

samhodgson
Path Finder

Had the same with:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/bin/rest_handler.py", line 79, in <module> print splunk.rest.dispatch(**params) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/rest/init.py", line 149, in dispatch module = import('splunk.rest.external.%s' % parts[0], None, None, parts[0]) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbxproxy.py", line 4, in <module> import requests File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Swimlane/bin/requests/init.py", line 43, in <module> import urllib3 ImportError: No module named urllib3

Renaming the /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Swimlane/bin/requests folder fixed the issue 🙂

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you please upgrade to the latest version of the app (v1.2) and let me know if the problem is resolved?

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3764

If the upgrade doesnt resolve the issue please check to be sure there isnt a "requests" folder here:

splunk_home/etc/appName/bin/requests

Thanks,
JKat

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hey @rxdeleon,

Can you let the community know if this resolved the problem by accepting the answer?

Or if it didnt help, send a reply 😉

TIA!

0 Karma

rxdeleon
Explorer

Hi Michael,

The Splunk DB Connect is now working properly after removing the requests folder.

Thanks for your help.

Rex

0 Karma

rxdeleon
Explorer

Hello @jkat54. Did you get the chance to look into this issue? Thank you so much for your time.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I got close but ran out of time. I’m curious if you get this error when you change the webtools app from global to app level only.

0 Karma

rxdeleon
Explorer

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand. Is there another TA or app that I need to install along with TA-OMS_Inputs?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, I’m actually trying to develop a fix for you. When I have one, I’ll be in touch ASAP!

Thanks again!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...