All Apps and Add-ons

Can SimpleResultsTables act like Pulldowns using Sideview Utils?

fbustamantes
Explorer

Hi,

I'm designing a customized panel using Sideview Utils, and I need to capture the value of a SimpleResultsTable column and pass it to it's children, so the table may be used as some sort of Pulldown Module.

The thing is, the user requires that when he selects a row from the table, 2 other tables update according to the value selected, in the same view, just as the Pulldown module behavior.

The thing is, I only know how to get values from the table and pass them to a different view, and I need the update to be on the same view.

Is there any way to make SimpleResultsTable act like a Pulldown module?

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this issue.

Felipe.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

fbustamantes
Explorer

Thanks for the answers, I already solved this problem.

I needed to use the "click.value" and "click.cellX.value" in the child modules to get the behavior I wanted.

Thanks again for the help.

Felipe.

View solution in original post

fbustamantes
Explorer

Thanks for the answers, I already solved this problem.

I needed to use the "click.value" and "click.cellX.value" in the child modules to get the behavior I wanted.

Thanks again for the help.

Felipe.

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Note that there's another option "click.fields.". click.value is one of several legacy keys that Splunk provides, and then "click.cellX.value" and "click.fields.fieldName" are two extra values that SimpleResultsTable provides if you're using Sideview Utils (I reach over and patch some of the core modules from the SideviewUtils module itself). Generally I find the "click.fields." to be the best key to use.

vbumgarner
Contributor

Instead of using the SideView Redirector module, use a couple of Search modules with SimpleResultsTable modules as children. Use a different layoutPanel so the tables drawn are where you want them.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...