All Apps and Add-ons

Can I upload a 2nd copy of an add-on so I can have 2 different API configurations for Workday add-on for splunk?

emharris
Engager

I want to use the Workday add-on to connect via API to two different WD tenants. Does Splunk allow me to upload a 2nd copy of an add-on so I can have 2 different API configurations? If yes, how is it done? Thank you!

lim2
Communicator

HI splunk.addon@workday.com we don't see the multi workday tenant support is added in https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3783/#/details version 1.0.2. Seems to have been a popular request. When will this request be implemented?

0 Karma

micahkemp
Champion

I have no experience with that specific app, but most apps use configuration mechanisms that will find their configurations no matter which app they reside in, which means this specific app may find values in etc/apps/worday/local/api.conf and etc/apps/workday2/local/api.conf and merge the configurations.

What you will probably need to do is install the app on two separate splunk instances that each send their outputs to your indexers.

emharris
Engager

Thank you for the quick reply. That makes sense - it's too bad, since most Workday clients have multiple tenants and we have different event logging needs for each tenant. We don't have separate indexers or instances at this time; just one instance that is the application and the all the indexes.

0 Karma

splunkaddonwork
Explorer

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. We will look into adding this feature in a future release.

0 Karma

sun1000
Path Finder

@splunkaddonworkday - I am also looking for same feature having multiple tenants. When is this getting enabled in Workday addon ?

0 Karma

sjfairey
Engager

Is there any further update on this from Workday? I would also like to see the app support multiple WD tenants rather than the current solution of having to spin up additional machines.

0 Karma

auraria
Explorer

Has there been an update to this request? Seems pretty shortsighted to only have one connection when most tenants have 3+ instances.

ChrisBell04
Communicator

Another customer who would like this enhancement

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...