All Apps and Add-ons

Can I specify a subfolder of INBOX to poll?

ekzp
Explorer

Hi, we have a dedicated mailbox to be polled by Splunk.. Currently we have IMAPmailbox, and now we want to add TA-dmarc.
IMAPmailbox is configured to poll INBOX and delete processed items. By the time TA-dmarc will get a chance to do its bit, there will be nothing to process.
For this reason I want to create a subfolder and set up a rule that all DMARC e-mails to be moved to that folder,. This way DMARC emails will not be deleted by IMAPmailbox. Then I want to configure TA-dmarc to poll that subfolder.

Problem: how do I specify a subfolder to poll in the TA_dmarc configuration?

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jorritf
Path Finder

Yes you can specify INBOX.mysubfolder in the IMAP mailbox parameter when creating a new IMAP input.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jorritf
Path Finder

Yes you can specify INBOX.mysubfolder in the IMAP mailbox parameter when creating a new IMAP input.

0 Karma

ekzp
Explorer

Thanks jorritf. What I found is that TA-dmarc fails to access the folder when using the dot (".") as separator. Using the slash instead ("/") doesn't generate an error.
I am still struggling to get some reports, but at lease this one is out of the way.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...