All Apps and Add-ons

Can I install MINT Add-on in different deployments?

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can I install MINT Add-on in different deployments?

0 Karma
1 Solution

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can install the Splunk MINT Add-on in different deployments:

Standalone deployment is a deployment of Splunk Enterprise on a single computer, which handles all Splunk functionality. Use this configuration for evaluation purposes, or for small-scale production.

Distributed deployment spreads different components of Splunk Enterprise functionality across multiple computers. A typical deployment consists of a search head on one server, with multiple indexers and heavy or light forwarders on other servers. For MINT, the scale of the configuration depends on the number of monthly active users you have, along with how your organization uses Splunk.

Splunk Cloud delivers the features of Splunk Enterprise as a cloud-based service. To install the Splunk MINT Add-on in your Splunk Cloud instance, contact Splunk Support.

For more about deploying apps and add-ons, see App deployment overview in the Admin Manual. For more about distributed deployment, see the Distributed Deployment Manual. For more about Splunk Cloud, see the Splunk Cloud User Manual.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can install the Splunk MINT Add-on in different deployments:

Standalone deployment is a deployment of Splunk Enterprise on a single computer, which handles all Splunk functionality. Use this configuration for evaluation purposes, or for small-scale production.

Distributed deployment spreads different components of Splunk Enterprise functionality across multiple computers. A typical deployment consists of a search head on one server, with multiple indexers and heavy or light forwarders on other servers. For MINT, the scale of the configuration depends on the number of monthly active users you have, along with how your organization uses Splunk.

Splunk Cloud delivers the features of Splunk Enterprise as a cloud-based service. To install the Splunk MINT Add-on in your Splunk Cloud instance, contact Splunk Support.

For more about deploying apps and add-ons, see App deployment overview in the Admin Manual. For more about distributed deployment, see the Distributed Deployment Manual. For more about Splunk Cloud, see the Splunk Cloud User Manual.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...