All Apps and Add-ons

Can I create dynamic descriptions in Splunk for auto generated tickets in Service Now?

saibal6
Path Finder

Hi Experts,

My errors are dynamic and I want to create auto generated tickets in Service Now which has the dynamic description based on my dynamic errors. Can I do this in Splunk?

I'm working only in Splunk instance. The Service Now part has been done from other team even the Splunk add on Service Now tool has been done by the same team.

So I want to know that what I have to do in my Splunk instance so that Service Now can get that dynamic descriptions to create a ticket.

Notes: [If there any documents are available for the Splunk instance please share the link.]

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @saibal6

Did the answer below work for you? If yes, please resolve your post by clicking "Accept" directly below the answer. If not, please comment with any issues you are still seeing.

Thanks!

0 Karma

saibal6
Path Finder

Hi @ppablo,

Now I'm using Splunk Enterprise Free license. So now I can't able to check the below mentioned solution because you know that in free license mode we can't check the alert/report part in Splunk. Within few days we will purchase the Splunk Enterprise license, after that I can check with the below solution and let you know where it is properly working or not.

Thanks for your patience 🙂 !

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @saibal6

I totally understand, no problem. Thank you for your following up with your comment and update 🙂

0 Karma

Azeemering
Builder

Yes you can:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/ServiceNow/Commandsandscripts

For example, if you enter the following generating search:

| snowevent --node "localhost" --resource "CPU" --type "Virtual Machine"
--severity 1 --additional_info "https://localhost:8000"
--description "Something bad happened"
ServiceNow automatically creates an incident with the following parameters:

Splunk Drilldown URL: https://localhost:8000
Correlation ID: Generated randomly
Short description: Virtual Machine: localhost (CPU) - Something bad happened
Category: Inquiry/help
Contact type: Phone

0 Karma

saibal6
Path Finder

Hi @Azeemering,

Now I'm using Splunk Enterprise Free license. So now I can't able to check the below mentioned solution because you know that in free license mode we can't check the alert/report part in Splunk. Within few days we will purchase the Splunk Enterprise license, after that I can check with the below solution and let you know where it is properly working or not.

Thanks for your patience 🙂 !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...