All Apps and Add-ons

Can I configure/use an authenticated file-server/mount with Splunk Stream for File-Extraction?

rkantamaneni_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm trying to configure a remote and/or external file-server/mount with Splunk Stream for File-Extraction:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/StreamApp/7.1.3/DeployStreamApp/Configurefileextraction#Config...

However, I don't see any inputs for credentials (username/password), and configuring such a file-server/mount doesn't work.

0 Karma
1 Solution

rkantamaneni_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As of version 7.1.3 of Splunk Stream, Splunk Stream does not support credentials for file-servers/mounts. There is an open Enhancement Request, STREAM-4140, to add support for this feaure. If you'd like to add yourself to the list in support of this feature (and for status updates), please file a case with Splunk Support requesting to be added to STREAM-4140 and follow up with your Splunk Account Team for status updates of STREAM-4140.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

rkantamaneni_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As of version 7.1.3 of Splunk Stream, Splunk Stream does not support credentials for file-servers/mounts. There is an open Enhancement Request, STREAM-4140, to add support for this feaure. If you'd like to add yourself to the list in support of this feature (and for status updates), please file a case with Splunk Support requesting to be added to STREAM-4140 and follow up with your Splunk Account Team for status updates of STREAM-4140.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...