All Apps and Add-ons

Can I configure the EMC XtremIO Add-on for Splunk Enterprise with multiple hostnames (XIO Clusters) on a single forwarder?

mrulf

I have multiple XIO clusters and each has a unique hostname. Can I configure the EMC XtremIO Add-on for Splunk Enterprise with multiple hostnames on a single forwarder, or do I need to configure separate forwarders w/ the add-on for each XIO cluster that I wish to collect from?

Thanks in advance...

0 Karma

pjvarjani
Path Finder

You can configure the single forwarder to collect data from multiple XIO Clusters.

Thanks,
Pankaj

0 Karma

mrulf

Can you elaborate on how to do so?

0 Karma

pjvarjani
Path Finder

After installing the Add-on app successfully, follow the below procedure for as many clusters as you want to get indexed:

Go to the Manage Apps -> click on "Setup" for EMC XtremIO Add-on -> Add credential for your XIO Cluster -> Save.

Check some of the entries are created in TA_EMC-XtremIO /local/inputs.conf for each Cluster (optional)

Thanks,
Pankaj

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...