All Apps and Add-ons

Can I call the static resources from an app that has global permissions?

bestSplunker
Contributor

On Search Head Cluster Mode, I have 4 search heads. I want to call some JS and CSS static resources in dashboard of search app. So how do I upload these JS and CSS to all search heads (directory : /appserver/static)? I think I can use deployer,so I follow the steps below

1. Create an app on the deployer. and put JS and CSS file in directory /opt/splunk/etc/shcluster/apps/appname/appserver/static.

2. Push this bundle to all search heads

3. Set the app permissions as global

4. Switch to dashboard of search app , and then load CSS and JS in the form tag of the dashboard.

But it isn't working, I view the html source code of the dashboard, it doesn't load these static resources, why?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bestSplunker
Contributor

Thanks @deepashri_123 for your help. if i want to add custom files from a different app to a dashboard. I need use the following syntax.

<dashboard stylesheet="<app_name>:<style_filename>.css" script="<app_name>:<script_filename>.js">

example:

<dashboard stylesheet="search:my_custom_styles.css" script="search:my_custom_script.js">

View solution in original post

bestSplunker
Contributor

Thanks @deepashri_123 for your help. if i want to add custom files from a different app to a dashboard. I need use the following syntax.

<dashboard stylesheet="<app_name>:<style_filename>.css" script="<app_name>:<script_filename>.js">

example:

<dashboard stylesheet="search:my_custom_styles.css" script="search:my_custom_script.js">

bestSplunker
Contributor

I didn't notice this before.

0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Happy to help!! Please upvote the comment if that helped you!!

0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Hey@bestSplunker,

Can you check on the search head if the app is properly pushed with the changes?On the search head the path will be /opt/splunk/etc/apps/appname/appserver/static

Also for dashboard styling you can refer this link:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.0/AdvancedDev/UseCSS

Let me know if this helps!!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...