All Apps and Add-ons

Building new web framework javascript with requirejs

gpburgett
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am making a view with the new web framework and I am trying to use require.js to break up the code and make it easier to maintain. The view is nice and crisp on modern browsers but unfortunately the view is meant to be viewed on an embedded browser that would not be considered "modern". So, I am looking for ways to improve the loading time and performance of the page and I see that it takes a while to just load all of the different pieces of javascript code.

Require.js provides a utility that lets you compile all of your javascript files into one compact file and from what I can tell Splunk's default search and management pages use javascript compiled this way. Is there a good way to do this with custom views in the new web framework?

0 Karma

ineeman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We don't have this functionality available out of the box at the moment, but it is definitely something we are pursuing and want to help developers be able to compile and minify their application code.

You should also add this as a request to our UserVoice.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...