All Apps and Add-ons

BMC Remedy integration with Splunk

nisha_sh
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hello All,

After adding the Remedy add-on on Splunk Search head cluster, i am adding the SOAP and Rest Account details under Splunk UI, while configuring i am getting below error message under SOAP account  "Unable to reach server at https://A.B.C.X.D:8443/arsys/WSDL/public/X.X.X.X/HPD_IncidentInterface_WS. Check configurations and network settings."

Whereas under rest account i am getting below error message::

"Unable to reach BMC Remedy server at 'https://X.X.X.X:8443/api/jwt/login'. ( Check configurations and network settings"

Note:: 1. https://A.B.C.X.D:8443 -->This is the IP address of my remedy mid tier server.

2. https://X.X.X.X:8443 -->This is Ip address of my remedy AR server

3. Ports are open from Remedy to Splunk or Splunk to Remedy on tcp port 8443.

As i have checked this is issue with my AR server. Could you please assist me here asap.. Thanks..!!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

nisha_sh

Hi Ron,

I am getting below  error message

2021-12-13 16:39:44,902 ERROR pid=123866 tid=MainThread file=splunk_ta_remedy_rest_account_validation.py:validate:110 | Unable to reach BMC Remedy server at 'https://myhostname.com':8443/api/jwt/login'. Check configurations and network settings. The reason for failure is=Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 706, in urlopen chunked=chunked, File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 382, in _make_request self._validate_conn(conn) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 1010, in _validate_conn conn.connect() File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/connection.py", line 421, in connect tls_in_tls=tls_in_tls, File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/util/ssl_.py", line 450, in ssl_wrap_socket sock, context, tls_in_tls, server_hostname=server_hostname File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/util/ssl_.py", line 493, in _ssl_wrap_socket_impl return ssl_context.wrap_socket(sock, server_hostname=server_hostname) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 423, in wrap_socket session=session File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 870, in _create self.do_handshake() File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 1139, in do_handshake self._sslobj.do_handshake() ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1106) During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 449, in send timeout=timeout File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 756, in urlopen method, url, error=e, _pool=self, _stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2] File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 574, in increment raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause)) urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=myhostname.com', port=8443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/jwt/login (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1106)'))) During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/bin/splunk_ta_remedy_rest_account_validation.py", line 105, in validate url, data=body, proxies=proxy_config, verify=verify_ssl File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/api.py", line 119, in post return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/api.py", line 61, in request return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 542, in request resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 655, in send r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 514, in send raise SSLError(e, request=request) requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='myhostname.com', port=8443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/jwt/login (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1106)')))

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Hi,

Are you using splunk enterprise or cloud?

If it is Splunk Cloud, consider installing this add-on on both SH cluster and Splunk owned IDM.

Thanks

0 Karma

nisha_sh

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the update..!!

No, I am using Splunk enterprise not the cloud.

We already installed the add-on SH cluster via deployer, while configuring i am getting below error message.

nisha_sh_0-1637142302338.png

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Hello,

Have you opened the firewall between Remedy Mid tier URL and Splunk SH? 

If yes, did you do a connectivity test to make sure it's been established?

Also did you checked the remedy account username privilege's which you mentioned in the screenshot?

Thanks

0 Karma

nisha_sh

Hi Roy99,

Could you please let me know where i have pass the parameters or payload details that are passing to HPD:ServiceInterface.

Thanks..!!

0 Karma

harshah
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Team,

I am also facing similar kind of issue. May I know how this was resolved ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...