All Apps and Add-ons

BMC Remedy integration with Splunk

nisha_sh
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hello All,

After adding the Remedy add-on on Splunk Search head cluster, i am adding the SOAP and Rest Account details under Splunk UI, while configuring i am getting below error message under SOAP account  "Unable to reach server at https://A.B.C.X.D:8443/arsys/WSDL/public/X.X.X.X/HPD_IncidentInterface_WS. Check configurations and network settings."

Whereas under rest account i am getting below error message::

"Unable to reach BMC Remedy server at 'https://X.X.X.X:8443/api/jwt/login'. ( Check configurations and network settings"

Note:: 1. https://A.B.C.X.D:8443 -->This is the IP address of my remedy mid tier server.

2. https://X.X.X.X:8443 -->This is Ip address of my remedy AR server

3. Ports are open from Remedy to Splunk or Splunk to Remedy on tcp port 8443.

As i have checked this is issue with my AR server. Could you please assist me here asap.. Thanks..!!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

nisha_sh

Hi Ron,

I am getting below  error message

2021-12-13 16:39:44,902 ERROR pid=123866 tid=MainThread file=splunk_ta_remedy_rest_account_validation.py:validate:110 | Unable to reach BMC Remedy server at 'https://myhostname.com':8443/api/jwt/login'. Check configurations and network settings. The reason for failure is=Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 706, in urlopen chunked=chunked, File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 382, in _make_request self._validate_conn(conn) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 1010, in _validate_conn conn.connect() File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/connection.py", line 421, in connect tls_in_tls=tls_in_tls, File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/util/ssl_.py", line 450, in ssl_wrap_socket sock, context, tls_in_tls, server_hostname=server_hostname File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/util/ssl_.py", line 493, in _ssl_wrap_socket_impl return ssl_context.wrap_socket(sock, server_hostname=server_hostname) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 423, in wrap_socket session=session File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 870, in _create self.do_handshake() File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 1139, in do_handshake self._sslobj.do_handshake() ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1106) During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 449, in send timeout=timeout File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 756, in urlopen method, url, error=e, _pool=self, _stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2] File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 574, in increment raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause)) urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=myhostname.com', port=8443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/jwt/login (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1106)'))) During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/bin/splunk_ta_remedy_rest_account_validation.py", line 105, in validate url, data=body, proxies=proxy_config, verify=verify_ssl File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/api.py", line 119, in post return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/api.py", line 61, in request return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 542, in request resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 655, in send r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_remedy/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 514, in send raise SSLError(e, request=request) requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='myhostname.com', port=8443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/jwt/login (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1106)')))

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Hi,

Are you using splunk enterprise or cloud?

If it is Splunk Cloud, consider installing this add-on on both SH cluster and Splunk owned IDM.

Thanks

0 Karma

nisha_sh

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the update..!!

No, I am using Splunk enterprise not the cloud.

We already installed the add-on SH cluster via deployer, while configuring i am getting below error message.

nisha_sh_0-1637142302338.png

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Hello,

Have you opened the firewall between Remedy Mid tier URL and Splunk SH? 

If yes, did you do a connectivity test to make sure it's been established?

Also did you checked the remedy account username privilege's which you mentioned in the screenshot?

Thanks

0 Karma

nisha_sh

Hi Roy99,

Could you please let me know where i have pass the parameters or payload details that are passing to HPD:ServiceInterface.

Thanks..!!

0 Karma

harshah
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Team,

I am also facing similar kind of issue. May I know how this was resolved ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...