All Apps and Add-ons

Are there any Splunkbase apps that have been localized to non-English?

simpkins1958
Contributor

Looking for examples of how developers have localized their applications. Thanks.

0 Karma

helge
Builder

We have translated the uberAgent dashboard app (written in Simple XML) to German. While doing so we found that:

• Inline HTML elements cannot be localized.
  • HTML can only be localized when loaded from a file, e.g.: <html src="update_inventory_explanation.html"></html>. Provide one file per target language, e.g. for German: update_inventory_explanation-de.html
  • Localizing content that comes from JavaScript seems to be possible, but we have not tried it yet.

See this blog post for some more detail.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi simpkins1958,

Have a look at the docs here http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/AdvancedDev/TranslateSplunk#Translate_Apps
about How to translate an App.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

simpkins1958
Contributor

Thanks, I have looked that documentation over and it is very helpful. I would just like to see some apps that have done this work in action.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...