All Apps and Add-ons

AppDynamics: Is there a script to automate the extraction of metrics using API?

chrismmckenna

Community,

I'm want to automate the extraction of metrics from AppDynamics using the API. Has anyone created a script that uses the AppDynamics API to automate metric ETL to metrics.conf and events.conf file entries?

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

While I don't have a good answer for that particular question (zero skillz with AppD), I assume you're asking because this isn't done by the Add On. If that is the case, there might be an easier way to use the data that the Add On does provide and get the same metrics summarized within Splunk using Summary Indexing.

If interested in exploring that solution, would you elaborate on what data the Add On provides and how you'd like it represented (and why)? Then we can collaborate on such a solution within Splunk and without having to write and maintain a custom script or Add On.

Also, it's worth being aware that custom scripts or Add Ons take the LONGEST time to approve for Cloud (and are most likely to be rejected) because of the vulnerabilities that exist in scripting.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...