is_visible = 1
is_manageable = true
label = SplunkForAerohive

[launcher]
author = David Rivas
description = App for Aerohive APs devices
version = 1.0

The file is placed on folder: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SplunkForAerohive/default/

Also I replaced the original app.conf in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SplunkForAerohive/local/ with the previous app.conf

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

are0002
Path Finder

I have the answer

The TAR must contain only the app folder, it do not have to conaint opt/splunk/etc/app

View solution in original post

0 Karma

are0002
Path Finder

I have the answer

The TAR must contain only the app folder, it do not have to conaint opt/splunk/etc/app

0 Karma

are0002
Path Finder

I have moved all /local to /default. Thank you

0 Karma

are0002
Path Finder

I tried with lower case name on folder and app.conf but it still having the error.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One comment right away is that you should not ship anything at all in /local. Ship only defaults. If you want to have a reference configuration or something, put it somewhere else than in local. The reason being that when customers modify your local settings, and then they update the app to a newer version, their local settings will get clobbered.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...