All Apps and Add-ons

App Context not working in Windows Remote Performance Monitoring

nabeel652
Builder

I'm creating an remote performance monitor input through Settings => Data Input => Remote performance monitoring on a Windows system. Even though I select my custom app in "App Context" while setting up the input but every time the wmi.conf file gets written to the search app's local folder. I've tried it on Splunk 8.03 and 7.3.1 and the behaviour is consistent.

I know we can manually port the stanza to app of our choice but the actual concern here is that why the option for selecting "App Context" while creating input through Splunk Web is not working.

Can somebody please verify if this is the case or I'm doing something silly?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try selecting your custom app from the app menu before selecting from the Settings menu. You also can replace 'search' in the URL with the directory name or your app before completing the input form.

Consider filing a bug report.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

nabeel652
Builder

Thanks
Yep, tried that as well but no matter what App I select it gets written to "search" app's local directory

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...