All Apps and Add-ons

Apache Drill JDBC connection

arjun_kr

I'm trying to setup Drill JDBC connectivity using db connect. When I connect using SQL Explorer, I'm able to see Catalog, Schema and Tables listed. The queries fired as part of schema selection are found in Drill logs. When I run queries from SQL editor ,it fails with below exception.I couldn't find any relevant messages from splunk/drill logs. Any tips to solve this issue ?

Exception : java.sql.SQLException: [MapR]DrillJDBCDriver Error setting/closing connection: :31010

0 Karma

arjun_kr

I had to set '-Djava.security.auth.login.config=/opt/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/login.conf' as jvm option in server setting for tables/schemas to get listed. Apparently,this jvm options is not getting in effect when queried from SQL editor. I was able to get it working by adding this option in '/opt/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/linux_x86_64/bin/command.sh' as below.

export DRILL_OPTS="-Djava.security.auth.login.config=/opt/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/login.conf"
exec $JAVA_CMD $DRILL_OPTS $@

If there is any cleaner to specify jvm options required for JDBC driver , that would be great.

0 Karma

mhouse3
Path Finder

See:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.0/DeployDBX/Installdatabasedrivers

Be sure to create directory in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers.

0 Karma

arjun_kr

I have added Drill jdbc drivers and connection is valid. As mentioned in question , it is able to retrieve schema/information in SQL explorer. But fails with queries on SQL editor.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...