All Apps and Add-ons

Any special instructions for upgrading the SoS app and the TA?

tzhmaba2
Path Finder

Hi,

Any special instructions for upgrading the App and the TA? I am currently using 2.1.

• just untar the file over the old version?
  • delete old version and create new? Can I take over the settings somehow from the previous version?
  • I have 3 SHs and 18 IDX so please don't tell me to use GUI to upgrade... 🙂 Automated process is highly preferred.

Regards,
Bartosz

1 Solution

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For the app, I would typically recommend to upgrade using the UI if you can as that is the most user-friendly way to go about it.
For the TA, you should quite simply update the bits of the TA you are currently pushing to the indexers with the bits of the new TA. Your local configuration will be preserved, unless you've been modifying files in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/sos/default.

View solution in original post

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For the app, I would typically recommend to upgrade using the UI if you can as that is the most user-friendly way to go about it.
For the TA, you should quite simply update the bits of the TA you are currently pushing to the indexers with the bits of the new TA. Your local configuration will be preserved, unless you've been modifying files in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/sos/default.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...