All Apps and Add-ons

Any one using this app "Network tool kit"

vishal2906

is there any one using this "Network tool kit" app currently? need to know whats the max number of devices configured for PING monitoring with this?

0 Karma

seths

@Nisha Yes you can do it through Lookup

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

There is no limit that is enforced by the app. The app runs all of the inputs within a single process using multiple threads and is thus very efficient. There is no way to realistically derive a maximum number since this is dependent on a lot of factors. That said, I have tested it against a very high number of inputs and it works well. I tested the app with 600 pings per second (600 inputs pinging every second) on a low-end laptop and it worked fine.

0 Karma

Nisha
Loves-to-Learn

How did you add 600 inputs? Is there a way we can add it through lookup? Because we have nearly 5000 hosts we need to add. Please can anyone suggest how to add all of them at one shot.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...