All Apps and Add-ons

Am about to install XenDesktop 7 on my Splunk servers but not certain if it's only on the SH with the TA's on the forwarders

nls7010
Path Finder

I have been asked to load XenDeskop for a new client. I have been reading through the documentation, but I'm not certain which Splunk backbone servers that the app needs to be loaded on. Also, do I need to create an index to be able to separate this customer from other customers? I am on Splunk 7.2.6.

0 Karma

nls7010
Path Finder

We have it installed now. But we need to set the is_visible to true, but we are not sure where to do that for the dashboards.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

is_visible is available on the Manage Apps screen. Making the app visible should make its dashboards visible, also.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

nls7010
Path Finder

Well, it's showing, however it's not showing any data coming back. I will put in another ticket for that issue.

0 Karma

nls7010
Path Finder

I've gotten those and unfortunately they don't specify which of the Splunk servers to download the application to. I have a distributed environment with 5 search heads, 6 indexers, 1 license Manager/deployment server, 1 Cluster Master, 1 Deployer. I'm trying to determine which of these environments needs to have the app loaded on. I'm assuming the TA's will go to the forwarders vie my deployment server. Also, we use an indexes.conf file where we put all our indexes in, so I'd need to remove the information from their information and place it in my indexes.conf before deploying it from the LM to the CM and then to the Indexers.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The instructions at https://github.com/splunk/splunk-template-xendesktop-7/blob/master/app/TemplateForXenDesktop7/Instal... say the app is installed on the SH and the TAs are installed on the forwarders.

Contrary to best practices, the app contains an indexes.conf file so it will create indexes for you. You should review this file and modify it (in local/indexes.conf or in your org's indexes app) to suit your Splunk environment.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...