All Apps and Add-ons

Alert Manager - Auto assign notifications

djluke
Path Finder

Hi guys,
I'm quite new about alert manager app.
I'm trying to configure a notification for auto-assigned incidents, but it seems it doesn't work.
On incident posture dashboard new incidents are correctly assigned to the configured user but no messages arrive from the server.
If I try to change status to resolve or closed I get an email.
What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

emafront
Explorer

Hello,

these are the conditions before sending out the notification with the auto-assign user (alert_manager.py):

config['auto_assign_owner'] != ''

and config['auto_assign_owner'] != 'unassigned'

and incident_suppressed == False

and is_subsequent_resolved == False

and auto_info_resolved == False

and config['append_incident'] is None

the 4th and 5th lines are deprecated so we assume they are ok, the first 2 lines we assume ok as well because you assigned a user; so if the incident is not suppressed, the only one condition left is that you don't append identical incidents to the first one.

If that's the case, as it was mine, you must add a variable in the code as a workaround, to keep track of the append configuration and exclude the notification when you are in the events that are being appended and remove the 

condition above, replacing it with something like is_appended == False (otherwise you receive a notification for every appended incident. You must declare and validate the variable in the code where it is checked if there is an incident to append to).

I didn't find any other solution at the moment.

View solution in original post

emafront
Explorer

Hello,

these are the conditions before sending out the notification with the auto-assign user (alert_manager.py):

config['auto_assign_owner'] != ''

and config['auto_assign_owner'] != 'unassigned'

and incident_suppressed == False

and is_subsequent_resolved == False

and auto_info_resolved == False

the 4th and 5th lines are deprecated so we assume they are ok, the first 2 lines we assume ok as well because you assigned a user; so if the incident is not suppressed, the only one condition left is that you don't append identical incidents to the first one.

If that's the case, as it was mine, you must add a variable in the code as a workaround, to keep track of the append configuration and exclude the notification when you are in the events that are being appended and remove the 

condition above, replacing it with something like is_appended == False (otherwise you receive a notification for every appended incident. You must declare and validate the variable in the code where it is checked if there is an incident to append to).

I didn't find any other solution at the moment.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...