All Apps and Add-ons

After upgrading Splunk DB Connect the date fields disappeared. How do I configure a fix?

Valdemir_Splunk
Explorer

In DBConnect 2.0 when I created an input, it was created the fields like date_mday, date_month, date_week, etc..
Now I updated to the version 3.1.1 and it isn't creating this fields anymore. This a bug or something that I have to configure to fix it?

rrustong
Explorer

This appears to be a bug that was introduced in 3.0 and apparently has not been fixed yet.

Events indexed by DB Connect 3.0.0 do not include the automatic time fields date_hour, date_minute, date_year, date_month, and date_mday. Additionally, props.conf overrides cannot be used to alter the indexed time.
Workaround: Use calculated fields to extract those fields on search time:
1. In Splunk UI, go to Settings->Fields->Calculate fields->New
2. In the popup, we can configure based on sourcetype. For example, if we want to data_hour to be present, then we define the "Eval Expression" like: strftime(_time, "%H"), then give it a meaningful name.
3. Next time if we search against this sourcetype, fields will be added automatically.

I happened to see this in the release notes of an older version as I was scanning for changes before upgrading so I cannot vouch for the workaround or if it still applies in version 3.1.1. This was listed in the notes for version 3.0.3 here.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...