All Apps and Add-ons

After upgrade to 6.3.3 and Splunk DB Connect from 1.x to 2, why is my dashboard launching with the incorrect app context URL?

drodman29
Path Finder

After an upgrade to 6.3.3 and a DBX query upgrade from 1.x to 2, I have a dashboard that will not run.

In search, the dashboard link tries to run from here: /app/search/MyDashboard
- but the reports all fail because "dbxquery is not a valid command. " Search app recognizes that the app context is splunk_app_db_connect, but is launching with a bad URL.

If the URL is manually replaced with the correct context...
/app/splunk_app_db_connect/MyDashboard
It runs just fine. -- The xml in here is just fine.
splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/local/data/ui/views
And oddly when the dashboard is edited, the edits are saved properly.

Is there a quick fix?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Make your splunk_app_db_connect shared globally such as the powershell add on i have in the app manager screenshot below:

alt text

View solution in original post

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Make your splunk_app_db_connect shared globally such as the powershell add on i have in the app manager screenshot below:

alt text

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

FYI, you can give me more points by upvoting and that way you dont lose any points yourself. NO need to give me points. I guess giving points is good if you answer a question and another person answers the same question, and then the person asking the question marks your's as the answer, but you feel the other person who answered deserved the points more than you... perhaps they had a better answer, etc. I've returned your points you gave me. Please upvote instead 😉

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...