All Apps and Add-ons

After upgrade Exchange App and Windows TA, I got “Could not load lookup=LOOKUP-user_account_control_property “ error

lianwan
Explorer

I have a cluster deployment with one search cluster and one indexer cluster. Recently I upgraded MS Exchange App to the search cluster:

• Upgraded windows_TA from 5.0.1 to 7.0.0
  • Upgraded Exchange TAs from 3.5.1 to 4.0.1
  • Upgraded Exchange App from 3.5.1 to 4.0.1
  • Removed windows infrastructure app 1.5.1

The TAs are also pushed to the indexer cluster. I also have removed the windows_apps.csv lookup under Exchange app as there is a newer copy under windows_TA, which suppressed "Could not load lookup=LOOKUP-app4_for_windows_security" error. I did not change anything else to the App.

However, every indexer reports  “Could not load lookup=LOOKUP-user_account_control_property “ error for any searches. The user_account_control_property lookup come with the Windows_TA and is readable by any user/app by default. Could somebody help? Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lianwan
Explorer

It turned out to be I have */bin/* directory in replication blacklist of distsearch.conf in the search cluster. The user_account_control_property lookup happened to be an external type (a python script under Splunk_windows_TA/bin directory). After removing this entry, the, the error went away.

I also replaced the windows_apps.csv lookup under Exchange app with the one under windows_TA to get rid of the "Could not load lookup=LOOKUP-app4_for_windows_security" error.

View solution in original post

lianwan
Explorer

It turned out to be I have */bin/* directory in replication blacklist of distsearch.conf in the search cluster. The user_account_control_property lookup happened to be an external type (a python script under Splunk_windows_TA/bin directory). After removing this entry, the, the error went away.

I also replaced the windows_apps.csv lookup under Exchange app with the one under windows_TA to get rid of the "Could not load lookup=LOOKUP-app4_for_windows_security" error.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...