All Apps and Add-ons

After trying to set up a new input with DB Connect 3, why am I getting the following "SearchParser" error? : "Subsearches are only valid as arguments to commands"

hoopydave
Path Finder

Splunk Enterprise 6.4.10, DB Connect 3.1.3

I'm trying to set up a new input from an Oracle database. The query works fine in a standard search, ( |dbxquery connection="oracle" query="Select blah blah blah...") but when I try to set up the input in DB Connect 3, I get an error during the "Set SQL Query" portion. When I paste in my query in the SQL Editor and Execute, I get the following error:

Error in 'SearchParser': Subsearches are only valid as arguments to commands. Error at position '352' of search query '| dbxquery query="SELECT to_char(firstoccurrence, ...{snipped} {errorcontext = e(text1,'[[:cntrl:]]|}'.

My query is as follows:

SELECT to_char(firstoccurrence,
        'YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS') timestamp, to_char(lastmodified,'YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS') lastmodified, to_char(firstoccurrence,'YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS') firstoccurrence,to_char(lastoccurrence,'YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS') lastoccurrence, regexp_replace(summary,'[[:cntrl:]]|\"', '')summary, regexp_replace(text1,'[[:cntrl:]]|\"', '')text1, regexp_replace(text2,'[[:cntrl:]]|\"', '')text2, regexp_replace(text3,'[[:cntrl:]]|\"', '')text3, serial, servername, serverserial, owneruid, node, nodealias, manager, agent, location, class, poll, type, tally, severity, acknowledged, escalation, eventid, service, nename, neaddress, netype, objecttype, trapreason, customer, site, serviceidentifier, servicetype, networkname, ticketnumber, tickethost, ticketprofile, ticketflag, ticketsev, tickettime, existingincident, deletedat, originalseverity, ackat, acksec, expiretime, flash, grade, localnodealias, localpriobj,localrootobj, localsecobj, mplstype, nmoscausetype, nmosobjinst, nmosserial, objectstatus, physicalcard, physicalslot, processreq, qip, remotenodealias, remotepriobj, remoterootobj, remotesecobj, supressescl, tasklist, url, name, userid, regexp_replace(lastassignee,'[[:cntrl:]]|\"', '')lastassignee, regexp_replace(incidentsolution,'[[:cntrl:]]|\"', '')incidentsolution
FROM table1 natural
LEFT JOIN table2 natural
LEFT JOIN table3
WHERE firstoccurrence > sysdate - 90
ORDER BY  lastmodified
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...