All Apps and Add-ons

After installing the Splunk Add-on for Cisco ESA on our indexers, why are we getting splunkd.log warnings that several transforms are missing?

robert_miller
Path Finder

We installed the Splunk_TA_cisco-esa app on our indexers and I noticed in the splunkd.log that there are several transforms missing. I am not sure if the earlier versions of this app have the transforms and weren't migrated in the new versions. Does anyone know what these transforms should be?

Below are the missing transforms:

dest_host_for_cisco_esa
x_internal_message_id_for_cisco_esa
dvc_for_cisco_esa

Below are the errors on our indexers:

WARN SearchOperator:kv - Invalid key-value parser, ignoring it, transform_name='dest_host_for_cisco_esa'
WARN SearchOperator:kv - Invalid key-value parser, ignoring it, transform_name='x_internal_message_id_for_cisco_esa'
WARN SearchOperator:kv - Invalid key-value parser, ignoring it, transform_name='dvc_for_cisco_esa'

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

They're there in the add-on... how are you installing it?

-bash-4.1$ find splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_cisco-esa/default/ -name *.conf | xargs grep dest_host_for_cisco_esa | wc -l
-bash-4.1$ find splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_cisco-esa/default/ -name *.conf | xargs grep x_internal_message_id_for_cisco_esa | wc -l
-bash-4.1$ find splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_cisco-esa/default/ -name *.conf | xargs grep dvc_for_cisco_esa | wc -l
-bash-4.1$ 
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...