All Apps and Add-ons

After installing NMON Performance Monitor for Unix and LInux Systems on Linux universal forwarders, why am I getting "Possible typo in stanza..." errors?

banderson7
Communicator

First of all, this is a great app, thank you!
This is version 1.6.15, according to the home screen of the nmon app.
When I install the TA on a Universal Forwarder and reboot, I'm presented with the following:

Possible typo in stanza [nmon_data] in /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/default/props.conf, line 47: FIELD_DELIMITER = ,
Possible typo in stanza [nmon_data] in /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/default/props.conf, line 48: FIELD_QUOTE = "
Possible typo in stanza [nmon_data] in /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/default/props.conf, line 49: HEADER_FIELD_LINE_NUMBER = 1
Possible typo in stanza [nmon_data] in /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/default/props.conf, line 52: INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = csv
Possible typo in stanza [nmon_data] in /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/default/props.conf, line 55: TIMESTAMP_FIELDS = ZZZZ

How do I resolve this? Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

guilmxm
Influencer

Hello !

Thank you 😉 I'm glad you like !

Please Check the Universal forwarder version, it must be 6.x, version 5.x or previous are not compatible.

Guilhem

View solution in original post

0 Karma

guilmxm
Influencer

Hello !

Thank you 😉 I'm glad you like !

Please Check the Universal forwarder version, it must be 6.x, version 5.x or previous are not compatible.

Guilhem

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...