All Apps and Add-ons

After install when I click "Get remote event logs via WMI" I get "You do not have permission to access the configuration for this page"

jkocan

After install when I click "Get remote event logs via WMI" I get "You do not have permission to access the configuration for this page".

• Splunk 5.02 installed on Windows 2003 x32.
  • Splunk is running as a domain admin.
  • I tried; reinstalling splunk, manually installing the app, setting permissions on the splunk directory to everyone read/write, rebooting many times.

I am stuck. Any help/advice would be appreiciated.

Thanks

0 Karma

jkocan

Malmoore,

Sorry I had to give up on it and change to a different solution for the customer. If I take another crack at it I will be sure to post more details next time. Thanks for trying t help.

Joe

0 Karma

malmoore
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Need a little more context, if you would, please?

You say this is with the Splunk App for Windows, but that app has no such functionality. So I'm presuming that you are doing this from within Splunk itself.

Could you give me a list of the steps you are taking to get to this error message? A screen shot would be great, too, thanks.

Neuronite

Hello

I have the same issue, can anyone provide assistance?

Thank you,

J

0 Karma

moorebj

Same here

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...