All Apps and Add-ons

AeroHive Security: Can customizing the name of the index saved in each dashboard panel be included in the next app version?

senatej

Hi - For the next version, can you include a way to customize the index saved in each dashboard panel? My index is not named Aerohive, so I had to change each one manually.

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

jlsabaut
Explorer

Hi - I will try to simplify the naming of the index.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jlsabaut
Explorer

Hi - I will try to simplify the naming of the index.

Thanks

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This is usually done by defining a macro that all the searches use. Inside this macro both the index and the sourcetype are specified. This way users can update just the macro to set these 2 values and everything else will work, even after upgrading the app.

0 Karma

senatej

Thanks - and this is excellent by the way! Also, another handy chart would be top sessions by Access Point. Or top amount of sessions by user.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...