All Apps and Add-ons

Adjust worksheet appearance with Splunk for Excel Export?

kplatte

Can Splunk for Excel Export set worksheet appearance (e.g. text/field color, borders, column width) during export?
Can it use values from a preconfigured worksheet as a template?

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As far as I know, no.

Splunk exports as CSV, JSON and XML. None of those are Excel, they're only "regular non-XML data files" that get "interpreted" by Excel as data it can import.

As such, it's just comma separated values (== CSV) and there's no mechanism at all for doing formatting.

BUT there may be an answer anyway!

Have you thought of using the Splunk ODBC driver? With it, you can create a saved report in Splunk that you can retrieve at will via the ODBC driver, and if I remember it correctly formatting applied in Excel to a sheet that has as its base an ODBC data connection is retained when the data is refreshed. So, install that driver, build a report to do what you want, then tell Excel to use that as a data source!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...